Friday, April 15, 2005

the fence, part one: we've only just begun

Question of the day:

How wise is it for a 48 year old woman and 55 year old man to take $1000 worth of lumber and attempt to build a privacy fence? By themselves? In their spare time? With only limited help from the young and strong 17 year old that lives in my house? (hey, he has a job. Otherwise I'd be recruiting his young ass to take my place so I could, instead, drink margaritas, and read a book) . And what about the raggedy-ass fence my drunken neighbor built 2 summers ago that is falling down into my yard, which he "fixed" by propping it up with a bunch of 2x2s that I have to mow around? Yeah you guessed it. We gotta fix that ourselves cuz waiting for him to sober up ain't gonna happen.

So stayed tuned. I'm sure to get some more blogging mileage out of this project or folly or escapade or whatever you want to call it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

v-I had also suggested we just get some plywood and prop it up against the existing cyclone fence but then there's wind and other bullshit weather stuff to worry about...

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post pictures. :o)

Kat

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home