Friday, August 19, 2005

bad language

I have to work around people who routinely slaughter the English language with poor grammar, extreme overuse of the word F*** and the phrase "ain't got no". The two are often combined, as in "ain't got no f***in'..." or f***in' ain't got no". Either I'm getting old or people are just plain f***in' ignorant these days. In other words, they act like they ain't go no f***in' education.

Yesterday I heard a news reporter use the phrase "3am in the morning". I do not like redundancy. I thought the reason you use "a.m" is to indicate that it's IN THE MORNING. You wouldn't say 3am in the afternoon, would you? This is not the first time I've heard something like that recently. I hope it's not a developing trend.

The term "24/7" is also starting to grate on my nerves. I especially dislike it when people say 24/7/365. If you use this phrase around me, I won't be your friend.

But the most annoying thing I've seen lately is people turning a plural into a possessive. When people turn plural's into possessive's it really piss's me off. I recently saw something in print that said Support the Troop's.

So to summarize: We've developed into a nation of idiot's who ain't got no f***ing clue how to spell worth a shit. But, by God, we support the troop's 24/7/365, no matter if it's 3am in the morning or 2pm in the afternoon's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home