Thursday, March 24, 2005

Just a Secular Second

As you read this, the Christian world is busy preparing to celebrate Christ's crucifixion and resurrection. Today is Maundy Thursday and I don't know what that means but I think it's kind of like Chrismas Eve, only it's Good Friday Eve. Anyway, I can't say Maundy Thursday, or even think the words Maundy Thursday without humming the Mama & the Papas song, "Monday, Monday", or as I like to call it, "Maundy, Maundy."

Then there's Good Friday, but I don't know what was so good about it except Jesus and all his homies had dinner together. Then Jesus gets all Psychic Hotline & stuff, saying one of them was gonna royally 'dis him to the Roman cops, and the disciples are all like "no way dude", so then Jesus has to explain to them exactly how it was gonna go down. And then it supposedly happened exactly that way.

OK, then there's Saturday and I'm pretty sure it's called Holy Saturday and I guess that's the day Jesus was crucified. Then the next day's Easter and that's really important cuz that's when Jesus goes up to heaven - Bye-bye suckers.

Anyway, I've probably got some of this wrong but what do you expect?

So as I said before, most Christians are busy thinking about crucifixion and resurrection and which church service to attend and what color shoes will match their new dress - stuff like that. My family is having a big lunch so we're doing a lot of thinking about food. As for me, I'm just trying to decide whether to bake a cake or just take the stuff to make some really kick-ass mimosas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me laugh honey. I liked the blog and yes you do have a few of the details mixed up but God will forgive you. Your sweetie.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home